Old 01-14-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
cutelittlewife

cabledude - BFF is best friend forever And he remains to be mine. And yes, now I'm definitely encouraging him going to meetings. I realized the other day when he asked 'Would it be ok if I go to a meeting tonight?' - he asked in a way he was expecting me to be mad... like I used to get when he 'abandoned me to go hang out with his alcoholic buddies'. Now it's different, I am all for it.
And thank you for the words of hope and encouragement. This is the second time in those 5 pages that someone says he could be faithful to me for the rest of my life. Thanks.
skippernlilg - thank you as well. I know if at any point in my life I do make the decision to leave him I will have to deal with a lot of crap like selling the house, etc. and people's attention will certainly not help. I also know that there will be many who will support me and that I would be able to count on, including his family members (I know this for a fact, I have spoken to my mother on law before and she said she'd support me whatever I decide). I also know that the attention and shame that I will feel will only be temporary and then I'd have a brand new life and I wouldn't be alone forever.
I never thought of myself even imagining these things, but now that I at least have to consider them, they're less scary.