Old 01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
tam

the going no contact was pretty much the hardest for me for a long time. I kept thinking what if I talk to him?? what if I dont? well, when I did it was nothing but the same ole bs. all it did was bring up more emotions for me and cause me heartache and the drama just continued..not doing me any good.
after trying my hardest and resisting I saw I was doing better and in time
the temptation lessened. not hearing the drama, the lies, etc..gave me time to continue of the path of recovery. I started feeling at peace with my decision to let go.
today, 1 year later I can say Im completely different. when people tell me they saw him I feel numb, I dont ask questions nor do I react. I saw him on christmas eve at the pizza place and am proud to say that I stepped back and didnt let him get me, I walked away. that evening he called and again
I was numb but yet in control..I didnt take the call, but after hearing his message about how much he loved me and we need to communicate I thought..yeah yeah yeah same ole BS..do you seriously think Im going to fall for that again? NOT
you will get to the point as well, doesnt mean you wont fall off the horse as
we all have, but in time with concentrating on your recovery and letting go you will get there.