Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by Maverick28 View Post
My AH can be intoxicated on cider, but if he adds in red wine (in fact any time he has red wine), he gets much much worse. Not hard to deal with, red wine just totally wipes him out, and he's not capable of anything more than extremely basic function, like walking (which isn't done properly). He can only have an extremely basic conversation, and even that can't be maintained.

I don't know why it's wine that specifically does it to him, he can have a large number of ciders and still be fairly functional, with walking/moving and talking.
My axw at 5'4" and 120lbs (back in her healthy prime) could drink 20 12oz beers in a "session", and be drunk, but still able to function, maybe even "hide it" from someone who didn't know her well, i.e. "not me".

I always referred to red wine as her "kryptonite". She LOVED it, but even in relatively small quantities (750ml bottle) she'd lose it. Glass would drop from her hand, fall down, slur speech, wreck cars, fall off of things, and so on.

I drank PLENTY, but it never seemed to mater what I drank, it all had a similar effect on me.

Good old red wine, got me out of an untenable marriage, and got me sole custody of my precious daughter. I may just send her a case.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote