Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by cutelittlewife View Post
gerryP - thank you for your post.
I do not blame the OW, she never promised me to be faithful and did not break my trust. The reason I referred to her as sl*t is because she is, and a self proclaimed one too. I saw her being felt up by 4 guys at an office Christmas party, she also has a website where she brags about sleeping with 2 or more guys on the same day and not taking a shower in between, because she gets a kick out of it. She has some serious issues and I do feel sorry for her (don't judge me for that, I know a little about her background and believe me, wouldn't wish it upon anyone). So I am not calling her names to get back at her, I'm just describing a personality. I guess I should have gone with 'promiscuous'.
CuteLittleWife,

I don't want to be mean but I feel the need to tell you that you are having the wool pulled over your eyes. Everything you have posted, I have personally experienced and done, and have read hundreds of threads here on SR of women and men who also have experienced and done exactly what you are posting. And from this vantage point, it is clear to me that you are falling for every trick in the alcoholic, drug-addicted book.

Your feelings, attitude, and words about the other woman are completely understandable. But what is happening is your husband is using HER as the scapegoat and you are buying it. They will do and say anything to divert the attention away from the real problem. Continuing to focus on HER is going to get you right back where this started.

Can you give us any assurance that you will consider doing any thing that has been suggested you do? Such as going to the website that Transformyself recommended? Going to an Al-Anon meeting? Getting yourself tested for STDs? Checking out Codependent No More from your local library? Making an appointment with a counselor or therapist? Requesting a new screen name so that you can get the help you need here anonymously?