Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
atalose

I believe he'll never lie again because I have to, to make it work.

My alcoholic/addict was unique too.

My alcoholic/addict was really looking for help too.

My alcoholic/addict was so remorseful, so sad to see me sad, hurt and upset.

My alcoholic/addict actually showed up at one of my al-anon meetings begging forgiveness.

My alcoholic/addict never hid anything from me either; I had access to his phones, email everything.

My alcoholic/addict also relapsed after a period of sobriety……..and that’s when he became cunning!! That’s when the lies started, that’s when the manipulation went through the roof. That’s when he couldn’t control his impulses, wasn’t able to use sound judgment or stand by his own morals.

I know how much you NEED to believe he will never lie to you again because if you were to accept that he is who he is – an alcoholic and that his active addiction will always be just one bad thought away…it’s too much for you to comprehend and understand right now because HIS WORDS are soothing to you, his devotion feels secure to you right now, the threat to your relationship (the other woman) you feel confident is gone.

Again, let me repeat, he will always be just one bad thought away from relapse. And with his relapses life brings, CUNNING behaviors which include lies, cheating and manipulations.

Please find your way to al-anon…..

History doesn’t repeat itself, people repeat history………….