Thread: Advice please!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 06:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Magichappens
Dancing To My Own Beat

My codependant behavior is to expect all my needs to be met from one person. It took me most of my life to understand that my expectations were unrealistic. My H gives me some things that I need. If he didn't, I wouldn't be with him. But I have needs that he can't fulfill. He is not a nurturer. He doesn't solve life problems in a way that I can use. He can't be my only friend. Al-Anon has given me an outlet to meet others who are capable of meeting some of these needs. I had to find a solution, or move on to another codependant relationship with the same expectations, and the same results; disappointment and blame. I needed help to find solutions. On my own, I was doomed to repeat the same thing over and over. I became willing to try something different and seek help from people who have experience in what I go through. There are solutions for our codependant problems. We have to quit trying to get blood out of a turnip, and have the courage to reach out for help. Al-Anon, counseling, books, are all tools to we can use to build a healthy, serene, and happy us. Hugs, Magic