View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vujade
Chaotically Peaceful

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Hayfrm,

I am sure that was .046% not 4.6%. A DUI in the states is .08%. Death commonly occurs at .4%, and a BAC of >1% has never been recorded on a subject in the USA.
I think dgillz might have accidentally gotten an extra zero in there. .46% is probably where she was and that is VERY high, hayfrm. When my RASO went to the ER, his level was at .38% after being there for a couple of hours. They were pretty worried about him and I also couldn't believe that he was walking and talking. I've actually seen him at a place where he was walking around but couldn't form a sentence. I don't even want to think about what his BAC was.

I think, according to the book Under the Influence (there is a link around here), people who are at a level above .40% can lapse into a coma. At .50% breathing and heart rate slows to a crawl and at .60% you die. It's mind-boggling to think about how many of our own spouses/SO's have been that close to death.

I wish you peace with this process. Is your wife just going to detox or is she continuing on to treatment?