View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hayfmr

Too Drunk For Detox

AW has been staying at her mothers this week. I suspected she has been drinking there, MIL swears she has watched her continually and she couldn't have had a drink. Well guess what she got drunk right under her mother nose without her ever knowing it. Anyhow last night she agreed to go to Detox. So this morning I had to take her to the emergency room first to get check out before sdhe could check into detox. Well we ran into a problem. She was too drunk. Her blood test came back with a 4.6% blood alcohol, detox's limit is 3%. Took 5 hours and an IV to get her level down enough to to go into detox. The sad thing is that she was alert and could walk most of the time. How she could function with that much alcohol in her system is beyond me. This evening she called from detox to say she is sorry. I reminded her that I have heard that one a million times before. Then she asked if she had to find a new place to live. I didn't give a final answer. Told her that she would have to convince me. I did tell her that I was never living with a drunk again. Ever. "IF" she can convince me I will consider giving her another chance. Maybe. I am not sure yet. Needless to say today was not much fun.