View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

StarCat, be kind to yourself! You are living out a horror story. It sounds like you are doing all the RIGHT things to try to protect yourself!

I think there are a lot of members here on SR that can relate to your "raw" feelings. I was one of those members. I started posting under another ID, talking about my massive stroke and all the things that I have endured this past year. I basically got chased off of SR when someone wrote they were tired of hearing about "my pity pot". I didn't have the strength back then to stand up for my rights. It was easier for me to stop posting. However, I was like you, I had gotten a lot from the short period of time I was using SR; so I started posting under my new ID "Phoenix the bird" rising from the ashes!

You wrote "At any rate, I should probably steer clear of here (and people in general) for awhile, right now I have way too many buttons that are oh so easy to push. I'm just bracing for the storm that I am sure will come Sunday once G is released." I would like to contradict with your thinking. I feel like you're going to need to use SR even more once G gets released. If you don't feel like starting a thread, do some reading and posting; if you don't feel like doing any posting, than just PM some of your friends here on SR. We're here for you!

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." Alexander Graham Bell

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe

"One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better." Col. Harland Sanders

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt

"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning." Ivy Baker Priest

Phoenix