View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Good to see you again Alyosha and good going on those 6 days.

Originally Posted by Supercrew
I did experiment and relapse and lost sight of my goal, so maybe my words don't hold a much weight. That was the tough part about coming back here and getting active again, I felt the need to come clean, (and I'm glad I did), and I hope it helps someone else who loses sight of their goal and feels the need to test themself, but with that slip I also feel I lost alot of credibility, so I will probably be doing more reading than posting until I get some more time under my belt.
I think your words hold just as much weight as before and then some. Now you have an experience that relates to a good amount people that enter recovery and have a slip. With relapse rates similar to other chronic diseases, your experience relates to those of us, like myself that make up 40% - 60% of the treatment population. And by returning to recovery you can offer valuable insights. I feel that a good many that relapse stay out back in active addiction for a long time, many times for too long. You know what courage it takes to get back and continue recovery. That experience will help many.