Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by lifewenton View Post
I overthink everything down to what someone means in a text or what I should text back. I don't know how to just let things be and live in the moment. Can anyone else relate to this? If so can how do you let go and give up that control?
OMG. I can completely relate to this. It still takes me forever to write any post here at SR, or to respond to any texts...

I do the same thing, Callie, on budgeting by paycheck. (Pay this, this and this with this paycheck and this, this and this with the next.) I love that I no longer have to readjust because XAH pulled out $100, $200, $100, $300 every day or ever other day, while not depositing anything because he spent his entire check on vodka. Since I left him, I have not missed a single payment or had to decide, hmmmm pay heat or buy food this month?

Additionally, my office at work was hyper-organized. I knew exactly where each file was, I knew why it was on my desk, it moved from one section of my desk to the next when it passed a certain phase of review / draft / mailed / etc. No loose papers, no clutter. Clean desk surface at the end of the day. Now I can see that it was because I wasn't 'allowed' to clean most rooms at home. XAH got angry if I tried to clean the living room, hallway or kitchen and as a result those rooms were utter sties. They were disgusting, mainly due to him leaving dishes every where, spilling food, beer, milk, passing out and peeing there.

Now that I'm gone, my desk looks a little less like Miss OCD or Perfect Polly lives here; still organized, I still know what's going where, but not obsessively so. My co-workers say it looks more human now.