Thread: One year later
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lo0p

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
that's great. Obviously, you're using a COMPLETELY different definition for alcoholism than those in AA use but good for you (most do though, including the wiki page mentioned).

For that brand of alcoholism, there can't be a pill. By an AA definition, that drug treats "moderate to heavy drinkers" but does nothing for the real alcoholic.

glad it solved your drinking problem for now though loop.
The night is always darkest just before dawn

This is an entry from my journal, and it is one of the darkest hours in my life. It was a day or two after I got out of jail and a day or two before my life changed forever. It's memories like these that seem so long ago right now that when I read them I might as well be reading someone else's journal. But at the same time, I will never, ever forget them.

October 23, 2009:

"I was walking to the gas station down the street last night to get a bottle of wine (I was already wasted) and a car was coming in the opposite direction. They sped up and swerved just a tiny bit in my direction. I thought they were speeding up and swerving in my direction to scare me. Now sober, I know they were just speeding up because they were turning onto the highway that I was walking on and just lost the grip on the wheel a bit while they gassed it. I got angry and, glaring through the windshield at the driver, charged the car, running straight toward it as fast as I could. I had a vision of diving head first into their windshield and my brain being splattered all over it. I can't explain it other than to say that I was thinking: "You think you can scare me ************? I would ******* welcome whatever you think you could do to me" They swerved away and sped off. I ended up on my ass in the middle of the highway. My ankle might be broken, or sprained quite severely. Either way it's probably a good thing I can't really walk right now.

If you are out there, if you are listening, please send me an angel. I really need one right now. I feel like I am in the twilight of my life. I want to die and I am not afraid."

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
Im learning alllll kinds of stuff on here. Thank you that was very interesting. Im still confused about the pill that cures alcoholism though.
Cure is a debatable word. I no longer feel like I am an alcoholic. My relationship to alcohol certainly is not like that of an alcoholic anymore. But I still do take baclofen. I do not know how much longer I will take it for, the jury is still out on that one.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that alcohol is no longer a problem in my life.