Old 01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

I'm an idiot...

...and this will give you all a better understanding of how the disease or alcoholism and codependancy have affected me.

It goes to this. I forgot that I had not changed my clock back for daylight savings time. I thought it was an our earlier than it was, and she had simply left for school and had her phone turned off.

Do you see what I did? Good God. I mind-f'd myself beyond belief, and went completely off the rails. When my daughter turned her phone on and saw my increasingly hysterical and controlling texts her response after asking me what the hell was going on was pretty simple-- "Wow Dad."

Thank you all for sharing your concern and advice, much of it very illuminating for me. I apologize for posting about it before I really knew what was going on. As I often do, I reacted instead of responding. It's just so hard when it's my girl.

I'll not do it again. At least not soon. Ok, I'll probably do it again, but it'll be awhile before it happens. For you newbies to SR, Al-Anon and/or recovery, my post and my behavior was pretty much exactly what it looks like when a codie relapses. I'm glad I could help.

Cyranoak

P.s. I guess having kids isn't so bad. Not at this exact moment anyway.