Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
P.s. If you are considering having children, I highly recommend reconsidering that. If you are consideriing marrying somebody with children, I'd highly recommend reconsidering that. Unless you've done it before, you have no idea the depth of the ocean into which you are jumping, nor the strength of the riptides that will drag you out to sea, remove your skin leaving only raw nerves, and over which you will have absolutely no control no matter how fast or how far you can swim.
Now you tell me. *sigh*

Big old bear hugs, Cyranoak. No words of wisdom or advice, but I also pulled a couple stunts like this with my parents back in high school. I don't know how, but Mom always ended up knowing where I was - she didn't track me down, but when I showed up I got a lecture rather like Transform described. She and Dad knew my 'friends' were stupid-heads, but they also hoped I had enough sense to not get pulled into any thing dangerous or illegal. Stupid and inconsiderate, yep, but they'd given me the tools I needed to make those decisions; I just had to use them. And then made me deal with the consequences of crossing the rules.

I seriously cringe now when I think back to what I put Mom and Dad through and am hoping I handle it even 1/2 as well as they did (and you are) when DS gets to be a teenager.

Having kids is, as someone said, like having your heart live an independent life outside your body for the rest of your life.
With the hope of giving you something to smile about and distract you from worry for just a nano-second: I'd once told DS he was my heart and now when he's being silly, he giggles and tickles his own tummy and says "Momma, I'm tickling you!" Which is my cue to laugh and tell him to stop tickling me.

It's going to be OK. It already is. Hang in there. Your HP and your daughter's HP are watching over her.