View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post

I promise you that this man, based solely on what you've told us in this one thread, will
continue to drink no matter what you say or do.

I promise you his drinking will escalate. He may appear to slow down or stop, but that will be temporary.

I promise you that, while he may love you, he loves his alcohol more. If you have children with this man, he will love them, but love his alcohol more.

I promise you that, if you stay here and read every day like I do, slowly oh so slowly you will see yourself in the other stories. You will realize that all you have control of is yourself; your thoughts, your actions and your future.

I promise that when that happens, and you practice letting go and detachment, that the promise of how fantastic and solid and amazing YOU can be will grow and grow.

And I promise that when you come here and tell us your story, you will be afraid, but supported in ways you never expected. You may become angry or confused by what you read here, but little by little, day by day you'll learn to shift the focus to yourself. Embrace who you are. Do amazing things.
Newlywed: Believe it! (Thanks, Transform!)