Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CSHNow

This is interesting. I had never thought of my behavior in this way before. I thought I was just a concientious and responsible person and that it was simply my nature. It's possible I suppose that being married for 25 years to an alcoholic (who is now deceased) may have predisposed me to always wondering about outcomes and trying to be safe, but then I think it may also be possible that it truly is "just my nature". There are moments when I live for the moment and then other times when I take charge of myself and feel that I need to "smarten up". Possibly too, being the eldest of 3 children, and the daughter, who took care of younger siblings, and whose mother turned to her for emotional support, from a father who returned from "the war" struggling with all that misery and having a new family. I don't know.....maybe it's just life ???? Aren't we all programmed one way or another ? I DO know that I am frequently told to "lighten up" and not "try so hard" but how on earth can that happen when....things need to be taken care of ????