Thread: An update
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ResilientFather

@ reefbreakbda - Absolutely consult a lawyer first. As a man you already have to face potential gender bias in the legal world. Don't go into the situation without representation.

@ Hailee - I hit my limit when I saw the look on our daughters face after she witnessed her mother attacking me. She has seen it before but I finally decided that enough was enough. I used to minimize it to myself thinking that it was more emotionally hurting than physical, lately I started realizing how mentally unhealthy and drained it left me feeling after each attack. Things finally became toxic enough to bring me back to reality.

I'm really glad I acted when I did. Now there are professionals in place that have dealt with this type of behavior many times. I have heard some of the lies she is spreading to try and make me into the monster. The guardian and child protection people aren't buying it at all. It really scares me to think of how this would have played out if she had started spreading lies and false accusations before I had the chance to act. It all plays back into the gender bias scenario...the most important thing though is knowing that she doesn't have anyone to hide it for her anymore. I'm now just biding my time until she slips again. It's very freeing to know I don't have to feel responsible for her self destructive actions anymore.