View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
flyaway

Thank you Finding Peace. Here are some of my thoughts to your questions.

I guess I am just trying to figure out what it means to disown someone. Perhaps it is just an emotional, mental or spiritual decision. Legally, I guess it is just making sure he is not in the will.

He flew back to California after the big scare.

I've tried so hard to give him the help he needs. I feel that nothing will help. I have lost hope and this is the first time I have ever felt that there really is no hope for him.

Now, his Dad is taking him to a sober living house this afternoon. But that will only work if he decides to not steal from the other residents.

I often get calls from people who tell me that he ripped them off, conned them, stole their car or wallet or money... and I feel terrible for them. His friends know how to find me. And they try to find me to find him.

I want to stop him from hurting others.
When he has been in jail I feel relieved that at least he is not stealing and hurting others.

So, disowning him is something that came up today. Hard to imagine that emotional and spiritually this could even be a possibility. But I have to stop this insanity. My life is ruled by the [insert every emotion here] I feel every day.

Me