View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
BumblingAlong

My XABF hated when I would sing along to a song in the car - so he'd change the station to an all news talk radio station. He, however, would play HIS favourite music full blast over and over again, while he'd sing along (he has a TERRIBLE singing voice).

Or, my favourite? When he'd put a DVD on and proceed to talk throughout the movie OR tell me what was about to happen. Or he'd go into lecture mode and explain HOW the movie was made, WHERE it was filmed, what the director was thinking when he filmed a scene....blah blah. I enjoyed it the most when he'd simply pass out because he couldn't follow a movie plot... then I could watch in peace.

I was with family yesterday. My brother-in-law made a remark about my sister's smoking habit. When I told him about how my ex used to berate me for smoking, but then would smoke with me, my brother-in-law commented how controlling that was. Funny - I never once thought of it as controlling; I thought it was just my ex wanting me to quit. But now that I think about it, it WAS his way of trying to control...I was too blind/stupid/naive/codependent to see it then.