View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

To answer your question, yes, I think letting him back into your life is asking for trouble. It has been my experience that the alcoholic will weasle his or her way back into my life whatever way they can through all sorts of tactics and manipulations. They will tell you what you want to hear, try to make you feel sorry for them, tell you things to hurt you and get you to react emotionally, make promises, make threats, pass the buck to get you to take on their responsibilities, etc etc etc. It can be very difficult to remain steadfast with these people and if you are in the least bit wishy-washy, it is very easy to find yourself right back in the situation you fought and worked so hard to eliminate. This is why it is so important for me to write things down-because it can be hard to remember a month or two later.

My suggestion is, re-visit all the reasons you kicked him out in the first place. Make a list of what kind of life and dealings you want with this person and do not allow anything less. (((hugs))) we are all behind you whatever you decide.