View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Camaro

Cutting out toxic people.

I don't know if I'm looking for advice or just to vent.

Anyways, quick backstory since I am new here, I am 25, been addicted to alcohol for at least 10 years, I think more. I know I am an adult and need to kick the booze (only been off the juice for 5 days), but I do blame my family partly for letting me drink so young (I remember drinking alcohol when I was 6), maybe I am wrong for it. Anyways my mom and I have a love/hate relationship, she thinks she is Jesus' gift to this world (I am not bashing Christians, but she is definitely the type that gives Christians a bad rap).

She completely brings me down, she tears me apart. She stressed me out so bad today, all I want to do is go buy a bottle of Jack and wash all the memories away for the night. Dh is here and going to make sure I stay sober and talking to me about all the crap that happened today, he knows how she is.

But, see where it gets hard and sticky is my daughter loves my mom and my mom treats her really good.

I want to distance myself from her, but I don't know how to without causing a huge family drama fest. And I don't know how I will deal with my daughter because she asks to see my mom everyday, she is 2 1/2 BTW.