View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
puddles

Moderate Drinking

I think I have a tendency to think of normal/whatever that means/moderate drinking as the holy grail...or whole taco?

As someone who is now working on living life as a non-drinker due to my unhealthy relationship with alcohol I am occasionally jealous of those who have the ability to drink moderately. I think this is normal being as that I have not been sober long at all. However, I don't want to always be jealous in the future and feel like I have to live my life in a suboptimal way, so I have been trying to look at things differently and reframe my thoughts.

As in, maybe there are actually a few advantages to abstinence as opposed to moderate drinking. I can think of a few, can you guys think of any more? Here's mine...

*Alcohol in any amount represents empty calories...better not to have ANY

*Alcohol reduces your bodies fat burning ability and encourages fat storage....better not to have ANY

* Even small amounts of alcohol give me a small hangover, or shiesty feeling, so I'll feel better if I don't drink ANY

*I don't do bottom shelf, drinking most always costs me too much money, so better to save it and not drink ANY

*There 's not need to evvy people who consume unhealthy substances in moderation...I don't envy people who eat donuts so why should i envy people who drink alcohol moderately?

*Alcohol even in moderation is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in women...so better not to have ANY