View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hallelua

my alcoholic husband divorcing me????

I have been married to someone that i believe is an alcoholic. I told him I don't like his drinking and he started hiding it from me. I stayed even though i saw this. I should have left a long time ago. I picked up and left recently without thinking what the outcome would be. He filed for divorce and then called me to tell me he did. the nerve?? I mean the major problem is his drinking that I told him over and over again and then told his family. All of a sudden this is turned on me and HE is filing for divorce. How do I deal with this? It is painful knowing that the major problem was his drinking and he never talked about it but now he just says "we are just different" . why did he never address that problem that he has. Now i am the one getting dumped? this is how this feels. I don't know why I didn't react accordingly and leave before when I saw this. That way he would be the one coming back to either talk to me or just ignore it? I don't know what he would have done?? But now what he is doing is not communicating with me at all (when we were living together he wouldn't either I felt like and that is why I would get furious and things would come out of my mouth that weren't me). He started hiding everything from me and when I would ask him a simple question like who had called him when his phone rang he would call me sick for asking. He would not open up to me. He never addresses my issue with him either by quitting or by at least saying something to comfort me. What do I do with all these ill feelings? he was supposed to call me today to talk some more and he is not. Yesterday he told me he filed for divorce because I left. How do I feel better about this? It is making me sick. I feel like he won a game or something??