View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

G has always been concerned with himself, even when sober. It's to the point where I have informed his sister to stop referring to his lung disease and trying to help him with it, because while I recognize that COPD is a serious illness, it has become his excuse/enabler for why he can't do anything for anyone.

He loves listening to Kenny Vance, and I love every single song on the CD, but whenever he puts the CD in he'll listen to 20 seconds then skip to the next song, all the way through the CD, so some of the songs I have heard barely at all, even if I comment that I was enjoying listening to it. "So-and-so's version is better. I'll buy you their CD." But he never does.

I figure if he can't even plan the other 60 seconds of a song I like, which is a very easy 60 seconds to spend on something that I'd really enjoy, he doesn't really have any time in his thought process for me, either. He'll do all these great and beautiful things because he thinks that I'd like them, but then he'll hold them over my head when he's drunk... And meanwhile little things that I've told him I need are ignored in favor of frivolous things.

Example? He got me the Christmas-themed earrings I said I'd enjoy because they're frivolous and fun, but I've been telling him I need new bras for six months and he still wouldn't let me get them. "I'll get you some in Victoria's Secret." "But we're in Boscov's, G, they have nice ones over there and they're on sale for $5!" "I'll get you cheap ones at the farmer's market next weekend, then, if you want sale ones."
I spent $50 on bras yesterday, and you'd think it was the highlight of my existence. I just picked out one of everything in the store in my size and then spent an hour in front of a mirror trying them all on when I got home, it was great.
How sad is that? :P