View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thumper

Hi Ladybug. I'm sorry things have come to this point. My experience has some similarities.

I also made the decision to leave and divorced him. I remember so clearly that overwhelmed and exhausted feeling.

I have one regret that I will share. I did not make him leave like was my initial plan. Having him in the house resulted in so much more trauma for the kids (and myself) then if I would have just forced him out. It also led to an urgency to push forward through the process as fast as I possibly could. It may have been much easier had I taken it more slowly but that did not seem like an option with him in the house.

Some pratical advice that I can give is go meet with an attorney right away. They can give you the facts and information you need so you know your options in how to move forward.

Then make a plan and start moving toward it. I saw a counselor for the first time in my life when I was going through this process. I wasn't sure of my decision and she helped with that but it was also really helpful to have someone to help me work through some of the steps and I just found she helped me find the strength to keep taking those steps rather then stalling out.