View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Does he encourage you to have a full life with interests outside of the relationship?
No.

Inside the relationship we have done some amazing things (really, many have been once-in-a-lifetime things), but even the smallest comment about doing something without him has resulted in jealousy. He is not afraid that I will run off with someone else, but he is jealous of my time and doesn't want me spending it without him.

Gosh, since you've asked this question I'm thinking back, and I actually remember a time before we were even dating, before I even knew how to get in touch with him outside of work, I commented that I had gone to a particular museum over the weekend by myself and he asked why I didn't invite him. I had forgotten that.

He hasn't really changed, it's just that its impact on me has changed since I've become closer in proximity to him. That's quite a discovery in and of itself...

tjp613, I bought that book you suggested, here's hoping it comes before he gets out. I had his credit card information saved in my account, so he's buying it for me now, maybe it will be the best gift he ever got me, even if he doesn't know he's getting it for me! *Grins*