View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Thanks, tjp613 and keepinon... I figured as much, but there's always that little nagging voice...

Also, and I'm actually embarrassed to say this now, but he's my boyfriend, not my husband. We've been dating for three years (he'd tell you six, but we've only known each other for five years), he's always talking about how once he gets his bills paid off (spending - his other addiction) he'll marry me, and for the past six months I've been fighting with myself about whether I'd say "yes" or not.
I moved into this current apartment over the summer (six months ago) to be closer to him and have somewhere nicer to live (still a nice area, not as expensive, I have a 1-br w/ den for the price of the studio I moved from, plus this place has a swim club, golf course, etc). I'm the only name on the lease, I'm the one who decided to move here and where (he screamed bloody murder during the move), and then since I've moved here he moved himself in and I've learned exactly how controlling he really wants to be. Back in my old apartment he still lived with his mother, so I had my space to do what I wanted to relax at night. Now... I may pay the rent, but he's the only one who really "lived" here.

His family has been very supporting (again, excluding his mother), and many of them are actually asking me about my future plans and whether or not I'll stick around. Apparently being around me in the beginning "fixed" this drinking problem of his for awhile (2 years), and he stopped trying to control their lives (and hadn't started to try and control mine yet), and they thought that little old me had cured it, but it's back with a vengeance now.

In short, I had invited him to bring over some of his dressy clothing, since he liked to stop somewhere before going out to dinner to "wash up" and get changed into nicer clothes, and I told him that sometimes we could have a nice weekend here instead of going to a hotel, but I never offered to let him move in (he'll claim that I did). Once minute he was refusing to come over here for any reason, and the next he was refusing to leave.