View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

I CHOOSE NOT TO DRINK!!!

Reading the posts from this thread has literally brought me to tears…and I’m pretty sure that they are tears of joy! I don’t think that I have the ability to express how grateful and thankful I am to ALL of you for your responses. Having SR in my life went from being a blessing, as I have said in the past, to a full-blown miracle today.

This situation with my Dad tears at my heart. Any meaningful quality of life has been ripped away from him. He has two of the most spectacular granddaughters on this earth…and he doesn’t even know who they are, what they have accomplished, how they plan to make their mark…etc. He was an engineer, did work on the US Capital Building, Empire State Building, PA State Capital Building…and he cannot even add 2+2 today.

Then there is also the side of me that is just plain sick and tired of having to be the parent in this relationship for the past 10 plus years…selfish I know, but true nonetheless.

Anyway, my wanting to drink crisis period has passed. I have also come to realize just how fragile my sobriety is…also, how precious it is, all in the same day.

I was lucky that I had SR today…but I also realize I need to become much more involved in a program that teaches a lifetime of sobriety. I will start on that search again tonight…as I will attend an AA meeting at 8PM.

Thanks everyone again from the bottom of my heart!!!

Love…Carlos

PS…Bring on day 62….

Plus, now I can finally go to the “Don’t Quit” thread I have posted and visited many times in the past, and post NO WAY, NOT TODAY.