View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

What? Do they all work out of a cheaters handbook? My AH refused to go on a week long vacation with me and the boys. While I was gone he brought his girlfriend over, made her dinner. I confronted him when I got back because I knew, somehow, that he had brought a woman into our hosue

I'd been through this with him before, had found a very helpful site for this it's called survivinginfidelity.com, so I knew he had to GO, that if I stayed and was "good" in the hopes that he would "pick me" that he would just play the two of us forever.

I threw him out. Screamed. It was ugly. He moved in with her, and when I filed for divorce three months later, he wanted to come home and reconcile.

I urge you to go to al anon, visit the website I mentioned. Playing his game will damage you forever-at least that's what happenned to me.

Now I'll give you advice, which is usualy frowned upon here as we can't work others programs for them.

I know your heart is broken. Be strong. Get angry.

You can either not confront him right away and continue to gather evidence, or confront him now-but you have to be schooled on how to do it because remember, they have their handbook to guide them.

He'll lie, twist things around and try to convince you it's all in your head. Do not believe a word he says, no matter how much you want to. Throw him out, tell him he's got to go.

I'm very sorry you're dealing wtih this, but the good news is you do have choices. Controlling him just isn't one of them. Protecting you and your family is.