View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Rhode

Originally Posted by SSIL75 View Post
If I can be so bold, there is something very odd to me about how you talk about your wife (FTR I am an alcoholic in recovery. A mother, too). Is she much younger than you? Is there some other key thing here that you're not saying?
Not sure what you mean by odd. If what you mean is the fact I speak also positively of her - well, it's because I do feel a duality about her. If all I saw was the drunk - I would have ended the relationship - no brainer.

To give you a bit more color on us - we're both late forties. Together for about 10 years. Had other relationships before, but no kids. Kids came to us very late in life - and we had to resort to fertility doctors for that. I have a fairly intensive day job in an office. We both often do stuff that's perhaps more typical of younger people - e.g. going camping in the wild in a tent (the kids love it), or sleeping on the roof of the house in hot summer nights. We have a dog and a rabbit running around at home. My family lives within driving distance. Her's is far away.

feel free to ask anything else you'd like to know