View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JenT1968

I do sometimes, although like thumper, I'm never really alone with the kids and that drives an exhaustion that can bring me down. I am pretty happy with my own company, I so rarely am not at work/caring for kids, that solitude is welcome. But when life happens, kids get sick, I am sick, I can't get to the local shop 50 yds away to get milk because the kids are in bed, or there are big decisions to make. Then I really miss what I imagine a caring, adult, equal partner could bring. Some one to take over some of the responsibility, someone to bounce ideas off of.

My step-brother keeps suggesting I join dating sites etc, because he did very soon after splitting with his wife. I know he is only trying to be kind, and I know he and some other family members pity me my single status, but I honestly don't care, they can pity all they want, they have no idea of the complete daily nightmare that my relationship became, and I am grateful every day that I am no longer in it.

I am not ready and don't have the time for a new relationship, or even to explore new friendships. I know I lose myself in relationships so completely and I am still reeling from the last decade, I need to know what I like and want out of life more before I try and test out if that fits with another persons needs and expectations. There are times when I think I will be single for ever. Sometimes I am OK with that, sometimes that brings sadness. But I don't really know what the future holds, so I'm trying to shelve worrying about it.