View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dyana

I am so glad I found my way here. I have read and read and see that I am not alone. Awhile back my son got into a fight and the other person broke his jaw. He refused to go for medical treatment. It became infected and he was very ill. He finally went to the hospital. The infection spread through his body and he could have died. He was in the hospital for a week (the poor nurses). He needed to have antibiotics through his arm for a month. They wanted to put him in the medical rehab so this could be done. My husband brought him here instead. The nurse came and taught us to do this daily. He couldn't chew and needed special food. My daughter took care of that for him. We gave him a comfortable place to stay and paid for his medications. I told him we didn't want him to bring any alcohol here and he did it anyway. That was a long 30 days. When he took his last dose of medicine we took his things back to his van. When we got there he was drunk and furious with us. This has happened a number of times and I couldn't understand why after we have done so much to help him. I have read other posts and now see that he was and still does transfer the blame for the life he has chosen on us. He is angry with us for not moving him here and taking care of his every need. I am checking into Alanon meetings and hope to start going after the first of the year. Thank you again everyone for your caring and understanding.