Thread: loosing hope
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by ToBeSerene View Post
Exactly StarCat!! It just took me so long to write my post - I didn't read yours until I was done! haha

We really made progress during the family times of inpatient rehab. They asked the tough questions, moderated our behavior towards one another and provided a safe place to talk. I'm not referring to violence or anger ... rehab was very humbling for the two of us - we tending to want to minimize our feelings, flash foregiveness smiles, etc. but our counselor "corrected" us ... it was very good for us. Could use a 1-week rehab refresher right now!!
We missed the first "family time" due to a snowstorm. While I do regret the lost time, I'm grateful too, as I wasn't ready to see him then. (While we've talked on the phone, I haven't seen him since our giant fight Wednesday night, and those feelings were still too strong and too new).
We're trying to get some of his family to attend - so far it will be me, his sister, his daughter, and maybe one of his two sons. While he and I have the largest issues right now, his entire family have suffered through a lot of it to some extent, and I'm still not ready to face him alone, although I love him dearly. <3