Thread: Meditation
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Floss

Hi Golden,
I used to practice regular mediation. I never did well with closed eye mediation but did well with Raja Yoga. It's called the 'king of yogas'. It's practised by the Brahma Kumaris and it open-eyed meditation. When I used to attend their centres, we would look at a poster of the supreme soul or God (It was a picture of 'light' surrounded by pink hues or a candle or anything really and at home, I'd do the same thing. The reason they practise open eyed yoga is to bring the mediation out into the world and they practise their yoga in everyday situations. They focus on the supreme soul or God's virtues of peace, love, joy and hope and send these on through the third eye area (the seat of the soul) outwards to people and places. I love this type of mediation. It really worked for me and I've been thinking about starting it up again and going to a few retreats. The Brahma Kumaris have retreat centres all around the world and their programs are free of charge. They only ask for a donation if you're able to afford one. They accept all people, beliefs etc. They don't have any gurus and it's run by women at the top. Love it!