View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Thumper

no I have not attended Al-Anon yet, but think it might be a good idea.
I agree

He actually broke up with me before anything may have happened with his old girlfriend (she is 400 miles away).
Is he an ex boyfriend?

Its funny, people in support groups have called me co-dependent (I am a very independent woman), they have called me a stalker (I have actually cut all contact with him), just because I have said I love this man and am willing to give him the time he needs to sort his emotions out. Maybe I am a bit crazy for willing to do this, but some people, regardless if they are recovering or not, are simply worth the wait...I happen to think he is.
What does sort his emotions out mean? I'm not sure what you are waiting for. Some of the details might be missing because it sounds as if you have cut contact with a man that broke up with you and yet you are still waiting on him.

Be sure you are moving forward with your life and happiness one way or another.

He has offered me everything in a relationship that any woman could want or ask for when we were together
What about today?

I want him to know that I will be here for him no matter what.
No matter what is a lot. I have found that no matter what is to much and that there are indeed some things that I will not stick around for. I'm sure you have those things too but be careful about what you say in your head. For myself I found that the things I say in my head become a mantra, a thing I follow even when it is not in anyone's best interest - least of all mine. I will make this marriage work no matter what. I will give my kids two parents no matter what. I will be there for him no matter what. It nearly destroyed me.

But again, thank you all for the information, insight and help. I will take the route of wait and see and as you suggested, I will hold on tight to see what happens.
Excellent! Stick around here and find an al-alon meeting You are smart. Keep processing this and keep the focus on you. Define and know your boundaries and values as they may one day be put to the test.