Thread: Im alone now..
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lonemare
lonemare

Im alone now..

He tried for years to stop drinking, went to detox and rehab countless times. He couldnt stop. We could only help him to a point, the rest was up to him. The addiction was his lover,and his killer.
David was a sweet guy,full of laughter,loved movies and his cats and loved me too. I tried to help him, but the pull was to strong. He was shy, didnt want to go to meetings, he felt guilty for being so weak. He was so strong in other ways, he use to play with his dogs and just pick them up and toss them around, big dogs, rottys. But when it came to drinking the weakness fell over him.
He went to the hospital Nov 22.. it was to late, he was terminal, liver failure,renal failure. No liver tranplants for addicts. We hugged and cried and I told him id love him always, and that I was going to miss him so much. He told me he was sorry for all this mess. On dec 20th, he couldnt move, he was so swollen from body fluids building up. He was in alot of pain, they pumped him full of morphine. My love, my soulmate, was dying. It took him 3 days. He died Dec 22nd.
I hope this message can save someone, please get help before its to late. My heart has shattered into a million pieces. Please get help, dont leave your loved ones hurting this bad. If any of you need to talk, im here. Need to cry, im here for you.
Please get help.