View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

The thing is tho that he was my best friend and we did everything (except for drink and drugs) together. I really miss spending time with him (obviously when he isn't wasted) and am really feeling alone.

I want to meet someone so that it will take my mind of him and give me some hope that I could have a family one day. I know that xABF and I cant get back together as he is such a mess but I miss my friend. He always used to tell me that it was my fault I put all my eggs in one basket (him) and that I should go out and find other friends not just hang out with him all the time, but we used to have fun together playing tennis, walking to dogs or laughing at our shows. I did meet some friends at the gym and asked to come along to some of their parties but they never send me an invitation so now I'm feeling excluded from them.
My ex said something similar to me...putting all the eggs in one basket. But he wanted the world to revolve around him. He would even show me with fists, "This is how it is...me...and the world." And as for his telling you about himself and never asking about you...same thing here too. He would send me little updates on how he was doing or how his friends were doing. (His friends that also couldn't care less about me.)

I joined a women's golf group. That's been a lot of fun. Other than that, I'm still isolating myself a lot. I'm kind of afraid to get back out there after all the crap I dealt with.

Have you ever went to meetup dot com? It's a free social site - you join groups based on your interests and meet up to do them. A free way to meet people so it's not like a date.