SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Where to Start?
Thread: Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

...I was going to go out and mail G's bills for the month, part of my preparation before going to drop off the last of his things at his mother's. I decided to call my parents first, and I am grateful, because right about the time I would have been going out the door, there was a forceful knock. It felt like I held my breath for forever before I went to make sure there was nobody at the door, and I could hear the sound of the elevator doors opening and closing again.

At the base of the apartment door was a small package wrapped in normal paper with the image of a white rabbit in the snow on it...

G started calling me his "Snow Bunny" Tuesday night, the day before this all happened, because he said that's how I looked all wrapped up with my white hat, scarf, mittens, and down jacket.

I guess the magnitude of what I just did hit me right then and there. I put the package down again, right outside the door where I left it, and I'm going to have a good cry for awhile.