Thread: Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 02:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Thank you.

Unfortunately, no, I don't. As G has been jealous of me spending time with anyone else but him (he didn't even like the thought of me spending an hour a week volunteering with my old college jazz band when I lived 2 minutes away), I've been rather alienated from everyone.

I could drive to my parents' house or my grandparents' house (3 hours away) but I just got back, me doing that would make this situation worse (since this bout he blames on them), and to be honest they're not that much of an improvement. (No alcoholics, but they're the "have to be the most devout Christian ever" sort, which is rather a contradiction in terms and very difficult to cope with).

My friend at work is in Florida for the holidays, I don't have his number without my cell phone (at the apartment - too tough to grab, not near the door) and besides he lives with his girlfriend and her young daughter and I don't want to be an imposition.

I could potentially ask D at work here, but I've never even been to her house, we're only casual friends (although she is familiar with the situation), and she lives in the next state over.

I rather want my cell phone back. I have been toying with the idea of stopping at Home Depot for a new deadbolt on the way home from work. The crazy apartment complex people lost the key to the one I have on now, anyway, and have been bugging me to make them a new copy.

This is the last day that work is open before the Christmas break, and I'm rather dreading not having somewhere to run off to during the holidays. At least I've got my car running again.

To convince myself I wasn't crazy I did some research on "raging" - he claims he's not abusive and I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy by believing that he is. I even emailed him the links.

He's very old fashioned, his father was Albanian (very patriarchal), he claims that he doesn't want to control me, and I honestly believe that he fails to realize that's exactly what he's been doing.
I'm generous and forgiving to a fault, I try to see the best in everyone, but I am usually pretty good at reading people as well. (And as things progress people are getting less and less able to get a reading on me unless I talk openly with them.)