View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
steve11694

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Thanks everyone but I am planning on bonding him out by the end of the week. He has asthma and they are not giving him his medication for it. I saw him at his first court appearance and his face and head had bruises all over. He is getting beat up daily. He has asked to go into Protective Custody but was denied. I feel that he would be in a safer place living with my mother until his final court date than in the county jail. They say that the state prisons here in IL are actually safer than this county jail. I guess I'm an enabler but I couldn't live with myself if something happens to him in there.
Is this the first time you have bailed him out?

You may wish to establish boundaries and tell him you will not bail him out again. Hopefully the fear of future incarceration will help motivate him to sobriety.

Do you think the way he is being treated is different from the way other inmates are treated? From many years working in emergency rooms I can tell you that as soon as addicts get arrested their pre-existing illnesses suddenly become active requiring hospital visits prior to jail. Their twisted logic somehow tells them they can avoid jail if they go to the hospital. Typically, drugging, drinking, smoking happy as can be but somehow getting arrested starts the asthma, seizure disorder, migraine headache, etc etc. I am sorry, did what I say suggest they are faking illness

Merry xmas