Thread: hi im victoria
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by WVVicki View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Victoria. I having a very tough time with life lately. My husband is an alcoholic. We've had our ups and downs over the last ten years, but the last 5 months have been awful. Last night he came home at 2 am. He woke me up to ask me why all the lights were off. Then he woke me back up at 5 because he couldn't find his pants. He had taken them off somewhere and couldn't find them. Next, his phone was wet, and of course it was my fault. I left and went to my parents house for a few hours. He called me and was being very mean on the phone. He was telling me about how I don't respect him. I told him that respect is a two way street. I don't understand how he can think it's okay for him to be completely and totally disrespectful to me, but he still expects me to have the utmost respect for him. His next rant was him saying that he is just a paycheck to me. He told me that our relationship cant be fixed. He said those words. So what else could he be? I would love for things to be good again, but it doesn't look like we are going to get there. He is so mean and cold and unkind. I don't know what to do.
Hello and welcome Vicky. You have truly found a wonderful site, full of good and caring people. The support you will find here will help a lot, I think. It has helped me so much.

I am no expert, but I have learned some things here. First, we cant change the alcoholic. We can take care of ourselves tho, and keep from going crazy. I am sorry that things are so tough for you right now. it sounds like you have been having a hard time for a while.
Do you know about al-anon ? They are meetings for those of us who are affected by an alcoholic .
There are many articles here, which will give you hope and strength, and courage. they are referred to as "stickies" and can be found at the top of the friend and family of the alcoholic page. lots of help there.
Glad you have joined us. you will find much support here. someone will be along soon to offer more.
A lot of what you are going through is confusing, but here you will learn things that will help you to live a life that is good for you.
hugs,
chicory