View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Babyblue

My brother recently separated from his wife and it put us (his family) in a tough position. I didn't talk much to my SIL because I felt bad FOR her, (he left because he was very unhappy). But I also knew that my brother was really miserable and I wanted to be there for him. It is pretty painful for families too when people split up.

My SIL was starting to tell my mom every detail and that ticked me off because it seemed like she was trying to put my mom in the middle of their marital problems. The problems in your marriage have nothing to do with the in-laws so as an in-law, I didn't want to be involved in my bro/SIL issues nor did I think it was fair to drag my elderly mom into it either.

Because yes, utimately my brother will always be my brother. We grew up together and the best thing for both was to stay out of their business. I honestly don't think it is realistic to expect things to be as they were with in laws when you split up. It saddened me to know that BOTH my brother and SIL were putting their kids through hell so I just tried to be there for the kids and I didn't really want to hear about their marital troubles to be honest.

Maybe in time things will even out for you but for now, sounds like everyone is trying to heal.