View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brantskate
Paused

New to the group

Hi,
I am new to the thread as well. I am looking for a support group that is non religious, but have come up empty handed. I am a girlfriend of an alcoholic and am looking for support to help my relationship. I have called several therapists for counceling (boyfriends idea) but all but one have refused to see us due to the fact that my boyfriend will not quit. I don't want him to quit completely because he won't. I can not give him an ultimatium because that is not fair and I still want to drink. The drinking has not really been the problem the last couple of weeks. It is my reaction to certain things. I have become physically abusive to him and to myself and am looking for help and support. I feel so alone, depressed, embarrassed and scared. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone because they will judge me and I don't really want them to know. I am scared to loose my boyfriend without putting 100% into this relationship and I am scared that if this relationship doesn't work, I will be the same way in the next one. One more thing, we both don't believe in marriage, but are committed to each other as life partners. Leaving each other would be considered a divorce to us and we do not want to go down that road. We are considering this relationship as if we were married.

any wise words would be of help
kates