View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Justfor1
1000 Post Club

Jailed Brother and I'm Worried

I am a recovered alcoholic who continues to deal with my younger brothers antics. The latest is that he is in jail for various theft and drug charges and I feel the need to bail him out. I have read that jail is a safe place for the addict, however, I know that is not always the case. Big city urban jails are filled with rampant violence and drug use is going on in the facility as well. He is crying to my mother that he is getting beat up by other inmates and she wants him bonded out immediately. Other inmates are demanding commissary funds from him or else he will be dealt with. The jail he is incarcerated at is notorious for federal violations including; lack of medical care, guard assaults, inmate violence, no medical care, overcrowding ect... It is a hell hole. The thing is I want him to realize his consequences, however, he may get killed while waiting his next court date. His bond is 5,000 so i can put up the money but really don't know what to do. Complaining to the guards is useless and he will be labeled a snitch. Help?!