View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nicam

Thanks to all of you, a lot of stuff said here is spot on. I choose to go out and do these things, he would be just as happy sitting at home, and doesn't owe me anything.

He is very supportive and wonderful in every other way, it's just been really slow going in the job dep't since he got the OK to work 2 months ago. He wanted to use the money to buy me an expensive ticket up north so I could spend the holidays with him and his family, maybe selfish motives on his part, but I do appreciate the gesture.

He gave me the money, I think he would have rather bought me presents with it, but...

It's just tough to have a relationship in early sobriety. I have to say though that he never used me, and there was a point in time when I lost my job and he supported me fully. He would give me his last dollar, I know that. He would hang out with me just as much if I hadn't a penny. I may have some codie tendencies but I'm really trying to work them out so we can be a healthy couple. It just takes a lot of work and patience.