View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Hmmm.
Should there even be a surprise trip to his family's house? I mean, what if you don't even want to go there? And how would he do such a thing, spring it on you? Do you then have to drop everything and in a panic pack a bag for this trip, wondering why all your such and such laundry items are dirty, etc.?

I think surprise trips can be not so nice. When you hear you are off to someplace that you didn't know you were going, you've lost all control of the situation, and have a panicky emergency trying to get ready.
Been there, done that, got the tshirt.

If he leaves you alone for the holidays, that speaks volumes. Listen to his actions, not his words.
There's something that smells like just old plain being used if he's going to "impress you" with a trip that you may not even want, yet leaves your bank account empty.
I think you're right that he doesn't understand the stress of being financially on the edge. However, hasn't he had a taste of that the last six months? He has had to be frugal, yes?
Seems it's not about you--it's all about him.
Maybe he'll realize the selfishness of what has transpired, and give you a hundred or several hundred.
If not, make sure you are very clear as to how draining the situation currently is on your bank account. If he's dismissive after being very clear, then you have new boundary lines to draw--something's gotta give.