View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Marcus

FailedTaper. Great to see you hanging in there. I too kided myself with taper programs again and again. I went as far as creating a spreadsheet and putting each dose in separate ziplock bags, but I always overdid it. It just never worked when I held them. Even when my wife would hold them I would always supplement from other sources. I know some people have done it, but I sure couldn't.

I am not going to condemn oxycodone because I know MOST people use it responsibly and it is a great benefit to them and their way of life. Just because I chose to abuse it doesn't mean that everyone will. I abused every opiate based painkiller out there so I think the problem was me and not the drugs. I am not a victim.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are past the worst of the physical stuff so don't go back on the merry-go-around by going back to your doctor for another "taper". Try not to project about the what if's (i.e. another surgery). Worry about it if and when it actually happens. Hopefully you are able to deal with the mental side of the addiction. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help if you need it (you are doing a great job of it so far).