View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Then I typed miracle cure for codependency into the computer and found something that seemed to me, a miracle. It is called The Coyote Method...where you take medication one hour before helping and then help to your hearts content. Basically over time, it works on the receptors in your brain and fixes the neural pathways until the codependent abstains from helping or becomes a 'normal' helper again. If the codependent wants to remain 'healthy' they take the medication for life, only on the days they interfere. So, I think "Wow, I've found the miracle cure! , (for the physical part of the addiction anyway). I will love this because I don't want to face a life of never interfering again and helping to normalcy seems to me, an codependents dream!"

I'm actually writing this book right now, it comes with a month's supply of sugar pills. Once it hits the best seller list, I plan to use the proceeds to throw a big all expenses paid week long codie reunion and fly all of us out to some tropical island for a little R&R, and a work shop on codependency.

I hope you don't let my post upset you, I was where you are with my axw for a long while, so I do understand. It helped me see the irony, when I read a post on here where someone exchanged the word alcoholic with codependent. It's kind of two sides of the same coin.

I think you're getting it. Each time you "go to the well", you get it a little more.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote