View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
mygrandfather

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
What wonderful news mygrandfather. You can do this. It will become easier and less awkward as you go along. You'll begin to feel very happy to be the odd man out - no hangover, no wondering what you said or did the night before.
Absolutely agree Hevyn, I managed to do this once before, long ago in college. Went as long as a year without a drink and it ended up being the year I accomplished the most in school. Took about a month before people understood that I was not gonna drink. It was also a time when I discovered how much I like mornings, clear headed mornings. I lived with my siblings then and I watched my brother stay in bed until late morning every Sat and Sun...he drinks daily to this day.

So last night, my guest came back from the dinner with a six pack. This was after I posted here last night. I've seen him drink hard for so many years (oh, I was ok, nothing for me).

But as it hits 08:00 here on the east coast it's been 24 hours since I woke up from my awful night. I'm in a better place right now physically and mentally. And you all are a big reason for that.