View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jackthedog

Cool controlling exAH

My exAH just dropped off my son, 13 to spend the weekend with me. My son left school yesterday with a buddy, which I knew because I teach at the same school. He was his father's day to parent him. He ended up going to another friend's, then when I called him to tell him his charger was here for his phone, he said his father was picking him up at 10. I text my son at 9 pm asking him to text me when he got to his dad's house, which he didn't until I text him again at 11 pm, but I had only asked him if he was ok and he said Yessss Mom. Actually he ended up spending the night at the friend's house and when he came home this morning, his dad dropped him off, son said he got no sleep and went right to bed. Oh before he went to bed he said his dad asked him to tell me that our dogs would jump up and get at the cord on our garage that is 6 feet from the ground and used to light our Christmas lights that are attached to our eaves. The cord has been there for three weeks, well high enough from the dogs who have not touched them. Control freak, that is all he has to say? Last time he dropped him off, I opened the front door, flipped the switch off of the Christmas lights, and as I did this he said, "your lights are still on".

So why would you want to let your son leave school, never to return until the next morning on the one of three nights you see him all week? I guess it was convenient for him to then go out and party himself. I am not against my son spending the night with friends or hanging with his friends, but spending from 3pm Friday afternoon until 9am Saturday is just too much. I know I have some control issues, but I cherish the time I have with my son and he still spends the night with friends, etc., but not to that excess, unless it is once in a while and it is a birthday party. Anyways, now I have to let my son sleep, try to motivate him to do his chores here when he will be grumpy all day, because he doesn't have chores at dad's house of course......... done venting....